0verhyped

Less than amusing ramblings from a jaded former gamer.

No Plans For Future Updates

So, with one exception, I haven’t posted anything here in the last, going on like four or five months now. And to the possible disappointment of the people who read this blog (all four of you), I really don’t feel any overwhelming desire to post anymore. At least not about video games. When I started this nonsense last year, I said it was mostly a selfish endeavor to get closure on a period of my life. Or in layman terms, I just wanted to blather on about a lot of things I’d held back during my brief and ill-advised time posting on gaming forums.

Thing is, I’ve said pretty much everything I really wanted to say about this topic. Not quite everything, but close enough where I don’t have this pent up frustration spilling out and onto my keyboard anymore. The few years I spent trying to acclimate to what seemed like the norm in the gaming culture left me with this sort of deep-seated bile that I carried for some time. But at this point I feel I’ve gotten that out of my system and I’m ready to move on.

And it’s not burn out that’s stopping me this time. I’ve gone through that a couple of times before here. Whatever compelled me to write all this nonsense is simply gone now. That weird misguided passion is no more. I just do not care. Probably a good thing for me really, this probably wasn’t the healthiest form of expression and I really didn’t like the idea of spending another year doing this. I’m not gonna dramatically declare I’ll never post anything ever again, but I have no plans to update anytime in the future.

For anyone expecting more, I’m sorry. And for everyone who doesn’t like me, you’re welcome.

About these ads

5 responses to “No Plans For Future Updates

1. Alex June 11, 2013 at 6:21 AM

Well, I enjoyed the posts I read.
    Came stumbling in here maybe 2 months ago through your Prometheus review.
    Great read. (among others)
    Keep up the good life.

PS. ever tried System Shock (1994) ?

2. Mr. Person July 3, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Awww. Come on. You’ve really got nothing to say about all this xbone drama?

3. Quentin July 5, 2014 at 5:07 PM

Hey
    So, i finished reading all your posts on this blog and it was a very nice reading.
    I disagree a lot with what games you like and don’t like but when i read your posts i see your are not just a little butthurt kid crying over a game he didn’t liked but you make valid points over certain aspects of the game.
    It seems not a lot of people come here, seeing as the last comment was a year and 3 days ago.
    Anyway, i want you to know that i’ll be on the look permanently on your blog for any future updates if they are indeed coming.
    I am here, eager to read more of your entertaining posts and i’m sure you have some things to say about the industry.
    Anyway, see you later i hope.

4. K. Stanley August 21, 2014 at 8:59 PM

Damn haha.. Too bad your blog’s inactive now. Loved reading your ramblings sir. One year gone, any chance you might come back?

5. Saaaren September 3, 2014 at 1:42 PM

It’s a shame you’re inactive now, I really enjoyed reading your posts about pointless achievements and various other things. Anyway, I’ll still check here every once in a while in the hope that you do come back and post something…someday.